Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Thursday, September 22, 2011
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Sunday, September 18, 2011
Saturday, September 17, 2011
Chloe Moretz was a guest at last week's Toronto Film Festival, where she spoke once again about her role as Carolyn Stoddard in the Dark Shadows feature film. Asked about the film's tone, she offers: "It's a lot like Sleepy Hollow... you go from the Ichabod Crane character to the Headless Horseman who's comedic and yet terrifying. It straddles that fine line of camp and drama so it's like a drama horromedy thriller!"
Discussing Carolyn's character, Chloe says: "She is crazy. She is this teenager, like 15-year-old hippie who is into The Carpenters and Alice Cooper. She's super music-y and raw, like free love, you know. I did a lot of musical research, so I listened to a lot of music from the era. My character is so different from the soap opera. I can't say much because he has a really dark secret I can't tell you." Asked if Carolyn's secret was a plotline from the original series, she hints: "No, it's new. It's new to everything, so go see it. May of next year, Dark Shadows!" To read the full interview, click here.
Back on the set of Dark Shadows, filming is continuing this week as the wrap approaches, with some backstage staff already having left the production. IMDB has also reported some more cast and crew appointments. Visual effects company The Senate are working on the film's imagery. The UK-based effect house specialises in computer-generated environments, with past credits including Kick-Ass and Angels & Demons. It's also been announced that Susanna Cappellaro will be playing Naomi Collins, Barnabas' mother, in the 17th Century sequences. IMDB notes that the role is uncredited, suggesting that these scenes will form only a small part of the storyline.
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Monday, September 12, 2011
- Donna McKechnie (Amanda Harris) can currently be seen on stage at New Jersey's McCarter Theatre Center in Ten Cents a Dance. The production runs until October 9 and tickets can be purchased online by clicking here.
- Denise Nickerson (Amy Jennings) is to appear on Bravo's Top Chef, as part of an edition celebrating 40 years of her classic film Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. The episode debuts on September 14. Denise also features on the new anniversary edition of the film, due out next month on DVD and BluRay.
- Hot on the heels of its recent Ghost Hunters episode, original Collinwood location Seaview Terrace is back on screen as a location in the new movie Tanner Hall. To see a trailer, click here.
Sunday, September 11, 2011
Thursday, September 8, 2011
Discussing Dark Shadows further, she also revealed that "Michelle Pfeiffer (Elizabeth Collins Stoddard) just wrapped and... it's just so cool to see someone be so normal and chilled to hug you goodbye and be so genuine about it. I'm just so blessed to be a part of everything I'm doing right now." To listen to the full interview, click here.
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Meanwhile, Deadline revealed yesterday that writer Seth Grahame-Smith's screenplay for Dark Shadows has netted him a two-picture deal with Warner Bros. "We first got to know Seth through his fantastic work on Dark Shadows, and it immediately became a priority to expand our relationship with him," Warner Bros production president Greg Silverman commented. Seth's next project for the studio is expected to be a sequel to Tim Burton's film Beetlejuice.
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Episode 713 – Dark Shadows Premieres September 7, 9.00pm/8.00pm Central
Forty thousand square feet. Gothic architecture. Former girls' boarding school. Once the house where the cult classic TV show Dark Shadows was filmed.
The owner of the Seaview Terrace in Newport, Rhode Island calls on the TAPS team to investigate the scary happenings in her home for the first-ever paranormal investigation of the mansion where the gothic soap opera was filmed. First there was a male voice in the hall saying, "Hello, is that you?" Then there was a drastic temperature change in the 3rd floor tower. The final straw was when she reached for a door handle only to see it slowly turn on its own. Jason, Grant and the team are about to get to the bottom of the all the bangs, footsteps and knocks and encounter the loudest evidence they've ever heard.
Sunday, September 4, 2011
Saturday, September 3, 2011
- Louis Edmonds' (Roger Collins) role on All My Children will be seen as part of an episode marathon coming to SoapNet on September 17. Louis played con-artist Langley Wallingford on the show for over 15 years.
- Incoming Twilight director Bill Condon has revealed a childhood connection with Dark Shadows in a recent interview: "I would run home to see that show... There were all kinds of creatures, but it was mostly vampires and Barnabas Collins. I think it was growing up in a very intense Catholic household that makes you a little twisted." To read more, click here.
- Lara Parker (Angelique) confirmed at the recent Dark Shadows Festival that her novel Angelique's Descent is to reprinted in 2012 by Tor Books. The new edition will also feature a specially-written epilogue chapter not featured in the original book.
- Grayson Hall's (Julia Hoffman) 1967 guest appearance on The Girl From U.N.C.L.E. is coming to DVD as part of Warner Bros. manufacture-on-demand range. Grayson's episode, The High and Mighty Affair, features on the second part set and can be purchased by clicking here.